Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)
The game has shown significant improvements over its 2013 predecessor. I am very much looking forward to the sequel.
- The graphics including in-game and cutscene is perfect by 2016 standards, although it is GPU demanding as expected (On a Titan GPU at high setting, the game is at 60 fps most of the time, but a complex, large scene with massive grass or snowflakes can quickly drop it to 30~40).
- Good map design, offers quite a number of tombs to raid (although still pretty simple to solve) and vast areas to explore.
- New game element: Lara can receive mission request from NPCs, although all missions are simple to accomplish.
- AI is simplistic.
- The last chapter is too short. The final boss (the helicopter) is too easy to defeat.
- The main storyline is still somewhat short.
- The NPC dialogue system is pretty simplistic.
Tomb Raider (2013)
- The graphics is really amazing.
- Lara is well portrayed, with a strong, real personality and an attractive appearance that stresses less on sexuality.
- The game is too easy to break.
- There are too few tombs with overly simple puzzles.
- The story is too short.
- Lara makes unpleasant, loud grunt when putting out the torch
Tomb Raider: Legend (2006)
- good graphics of the time
- new (but simple) elements such as motor drive
- the Japan level is exceptionally well designed
- annoyingly buggy game control
- occasional, horrible level design. I would have ranked the game 7/10 without those levels.
- waterfall consecutive jump at Ghana
- motor chase at Kazakhstan (worst of all)
- final boss fight at Kazakhstan (the boss is unbeatable; Lara has to take to flight — seriously?)
- final boss fight at Bolivia