When I started to develop my first CUDA application, sm_21 was the then most advanced architecture. Now they are gone, completely deprecated. Tempus fugit.
- You are not illiterate.
- Confucius say it is easy to hate and difficult to love. Frankie say relax.
- Thank you Lo Wang! But your fortune is in another cookie!
- What’s a seven-letter word for ‘cryptic’?
- Live each day like it’s your last. Or at least today, because… Oh I don’t want to spoil it.
- Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people look brilliant, until you hear them speak.
- Whoever coined the phrase ‘quiet as a mouse’ never stepped on one.
- Help! I am being held prisoner in a video game factory.
- Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things. – George Carlin
- You’re never too old to learn something stupid.
- All men eat, but Fu Man Chu.
- Some mistakes are too fun to make only once.
- With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
- He who takes advice from a cookie is sure to crumble.
- You will stop procrastinating. Later.
- Cardboard belt is a waist of paper.
- The difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer is all a matter of taste.
- You don’t need a parachute to skydive. You need a parachute to skydive twice.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs at you.
- That’s what ki said.
- The good news: you’re not paranoid. The bad news: everyone is actually trying to kill you.
- The early bird gets the worm. The second mouse gets cheese.
- Small cookies bring great joy.
- Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
- To be is to do. – Socrates
To do is to be. – Sarte
Do be do be do. – Sinatra
- It is better to have loved and lost than to have had loved and gotten syphilis.
- Cookie monster wasn’t here.
- Chew, or chew not. There is no pie.
- To maintain perfect accuracy, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
- Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best. – FZ
- Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.
- It is better to have loved and lost than to have loved and got syphilis.
Reference: Shadow Warrior (2013)
Shane “rapha” Hendrixson
Tim “DaHanG” Fogarty
Day 1 is pretty disappointing. rapha lost to cooller without landing a single round; Team Liquid was stomped by 2z; Quakecon venue lost internet connection.
Day 2 is full of amazing matches. rapha managed to win two matches in group stage, and then survived Raisy scare. However, in the quarter final, he lost to his self-effacing teammate dahang. I root for rapha, and hope he will come back stronger next year. cooller continued his invincible state, until surprisingly thwarted by the young talent clawz in the semi final.
Final day, clawz is remembered forever in quake history as the first player to win the championship of both duel and sacrifice. Everybody was awed, mouth agape. Also being remembered is clawz’s extreme bad manner towards Vo0 and the way he talked in his interview. Guess the kid has a lot to learn.
- My favorite alchemy abilities
- acquired tolerance
- heightened tolerance
- poisoned blades
- My favorite decoction
- ekhidna: actions consuming stamina increases vitality.
- ancient leshen: sign cast increases stamina regeneration.
- foglet: increase sign intensity in cloudy weather.
- ekimmara: damages to foes increases vitality.
- My favorite potion
- tawny: increase stamina regeneration speed. superior version never expires at night!
- thunderbold: increase attack power.
- golen oriole: immune to poison.
- My favorite bomb:
- devil’s puffball: releases poisonous gas. When used together with golen oriole, fight against a group of human enemies will become a piece of cake.
- Other important tips
- Burning and poison effect damages enemies by an amount proportional to their health.
- Some monsters, such as werewolf, can regenerate vitality with great amount and fast pace. A green number rising above them indicates the recovered health. If further attack is found in vain, the player should not take this quest on the current level even if it is close to the suggested one. Simply level up and make the slash more deadly.
- CD Projekt Red releases gameplay clips of Cyberpunk 2077.
- John Romero shows clips of Blackroom.
- There is some news about Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- Flying wild hog shows something new, perhaps Shadow Warrior 3 WIP.
- Unreal Engine supports runtime, per-camera near and far clip planes. (This has now come true for scene capture 2D!!)
- The new AAA game Prey to be unlocked in May is not a letdown.
- Valve crack down on cheaters in CS:GO.
- Valve officially announce that Half Life 3 is an abandoned project.
How many times have we seen AAA games with upgraded graphics today turn out a pile of hyped garbage, a horrendous ripoff? To name a few of this year:
- No man’s sky (perhaps the worst game, the most notorious scam of all time in human history)
- Quantum break
- The Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Street Fighter V
- Far Cry Primal
Behind these worthless craps are game studios who are only here to siphon off hard-earned money from us gamers ruthlessly and rabidly, and do not give a single damn about their games.
Fortunately, Polish game studios are an exception, an opposite. They care about us. Their games give me strength and warmth, and touch my soul.
- Witcher by CD Projekt Red (Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is doubtless the best RPG game, a legendary masterpiece)
- Shadow warrior by Flying Wild Hog
To toast Polish developers and designers, who restore my faith in humanity.
Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)
The game has shown significant improvements over its 2013 predecessor. I am very much looking forward to the sequel.
- The graphics including in-game and cutscene is perfect by 2016 standards, although it is GPU demanding as expected (On a Titan GPU at high setting, the game is at 60 fps most of the time, but a complex, large scene with massive grass or snowflakes can quickly drop it to 30~40).
- Good map design, offers quite a number of tombs to raid (although still pretty simple to solve) and vast areas to explore.
- New game element: Lara can receive mission request from NPCs, although all missions are simple to accomplish.
- AI is simplistic.
- The last chapter is too short. The final boss (the helicopter) is too easy to defeat.
- The main storyline is still somewhat short.
- The NPC dialogue system is pretty simplistic.
Tomb Raider (2013)
- The graphics is really amazing.
- Lara is well portrayed, with a strong, real personality and an attractive appearance that stresses less on sexuality.
- The game is too easy to break.
- There are too few tombs with overly simple puzzles.
- The story is too short.
- Lara makes unpleasant, loud grunt when putting out the torch
Tomb Raider: Legend (2006)
- good graphics of the time
- new (but simple) elements such as motor drive
- the Japan level is exceptionally well designed
- annoyingly buggy game control
- occasional, horrible level design. I would have ranked the game 7/10 without those levels.
- waterfall consecutive jump at Ghana
- motor chase at Kazakhstan (worst of all)
- final boss fight at Kazakhstan (the boss is unbeatable; Lara has to take to flight — seriously?)
- final boss fight at Bolivia
Un Amico by Ennio Morricone
memory of may