- CD Projekt Red releases gameplay clips of Cyberpunk 2077.
- John Romero shows clips of Blackroom.
- There is some news about Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- Flying wild hog shows something new, perhaps Shadow Warrior 3 WIP.
- Unreal Engine supports runtime, per-camera near and far clip planes. (This has now come true for scene capture 2D!!)
- The new AAA game Prey to be unlocked in May is not a letdown.
- Valve crack down on cheaters in CS:GO.
- Valve officially announce that Half Life 3 is an abandoned project.
How many times have we seen AAA games with upgraded graphics today turn out a pile of hyped garbage, a horrendous ripoff? To name a few of this year:
- No man’s sky (perhaps the worst game, the most notorious scam of all time in human history)
- Quantum break
- The Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Street Fighter V
- Far Cry Primal
Behind these worthless craps are game studios who are only here to siphon off hard-earned money from us gamers ruthlessly and rabidly, and do not give a single damn about their games.
Fortunately, Polish game studios are an exception, an opposite. They care about us. Their games give me strength and warmth, and touch my soul.
- Witcher by CD Projekt Red (Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is doubtless the best RPG game, a legendary masterpiece)
- Shadow warrior by Flying Wild Hog
To toast Polish developers and designers, who restore my faith in humanity.
Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)
The game has shown significant improvements over its 2013 predecessor. I am very much looking forward to the sequel.
- The graphics including in-game and cutscene is perfect by 2016 standards, although it is GPU demanding as expected (On a Titan GPU at high setting, the game is at 60 fps most of the time, but a complex, large scene with massive grass or snowflakes can quickly drop it to 30~40).
- Good map design, offers quite a number of tombs to raid (although still pretty simple to solve) and vast areas to explore.
- New game element: Lara can receive mission request from NPCs, although all missions are simple to accomplish.
- AI is simplistic.
- The last chapter is too short. The final boss (the helicopter) is too easy to defeat.
- The main storyline is still somewhat short.
- The NPC dialogue system is pretty simplistic.
Tomb Raider (2013)
- The graphics is really amazing.
- Lara is well portrayed, with a strong, real personality and an attractive appearance that stresses less on sexuality.
- The game is too easy to break.
- There are too few tombs with overly simple puzzles.
- The story is too short.
- Lara makes unpleasant, loud grunt when putting out the torch
Tomb Raider: Legend (2006)
- good graphics of the time
- new (but simple) elements such as motor drive
- the Japan level is exceptionally well designed
- annoyingly buggy game control
- occasional, horrible level design. I would have ranked the game 7/10 without those levels.
- waterfall consecutive jump at Ghana
- motor chase at Kazakhstan (worst of all)
- final boss fight at Kazakhstan (the boss is unbeatable; Lara has to take to flight — seriously?)
- final boss fight at Bolivia
Un Amico by Ennio Morricone
memory of may
Friendly faces everywhere, humble folks without temptation.
Ample parking day or night, people spouting: “Howdy, neighbor!”